View all openings
District Development Manager South Central States -Dallas Texas
West Bend, WI
- Channel Development: Identify high potential markets; locate, recruit, establish and develop dealers in these markets. Facilitate the establishment of full Company product line representation.
- Dealer Development: Assist and develop both current and new dealers with the implementation of sound business initiatives (whole goods, parts and attachment retail sales, rental, service support, inventory planning, training) and take action to assist in the implementation of established initiatives.
- Retail Development: Establish retail sales goals and inventory targets for equipment based on industry potential, sales and market share goals for assigned district.
- Rental Development: Establish rental Dealer sales goals and fleet targets for each product line based on industry potential, sales and market share goals for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Market. Complement dealer rental goals through the support, promotion and sale of Company products to independent rental accounts and select Company approved strategic accounts.
- Perform annual dealer reviews with the contracted dealer organization in order to fully develop dealer priorities for attainment of area goals and objectives. Fully document non-performance and develop corrective action plans in order to improve dealer performance.
- Communicate Company policies and procedures to dealers and assure compliance to the Dealer Agreement(s) and Terms Schedule(s).
- In conjunction with Company’s national advertising and co-op sponsored programs, direct and coordinate dealers target marketing efforts through the promotion of Company sponsored retail and aftermarket support programs.
- Assist dealer personnel in retail sales calls, instruction of customers concerning service, applications, maintenance and safe operation of Company products.
- Report customer complaints to service and assist in follow up to provide customer satisfaction. Consult with dealers, recommend and influence change which lead to increased customer satisfaction.
- Develop and disseminate market information and suggest solutions to problems regarding product types, trends, competitive market share, specifications, and state and local restrictions. Collect and analyze data on end user requirements, industry trends and competitive activities for product recommendations.
Develop and participate in conducting new product introductions, dealer/customer product information
meetings, demonstrations, and trade shows.
- Development and facilitation of product and application based training programs. Support the Product Managers and Product & Training Specialists with training material creation, specifically with focus on competitive positioning statements.
- Manage and maintain field inventories at acceptable level of Days On Hand (DOH) Days Collection Outstanding (DCO), and Accounts Receivable (A/R) in compliance with Company goals.
- Protect company receivables through properly executed inventory verifications on a timely basis as recommended through Company policy.
- Mitigate Company risk and exposure by working closely with Credit and Collateral Management with “high risk” accounts.
- Establish and maintain accurate sales forecasts for management to assist in proper production planning and inventory control.
- Maintain expenses within operating budgets and develop travel schedule to efficiently cover all dealers on a regular basis while keeping costs to a minimum.
- Maintain dealer files to include all pertinent dealer correspondence, dealer plans and performance discussions.
- College degree in business or related field strongly preferred
- At least 5 years previous sales experience in a related product market
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and knowledge
- Industry and product knowledge to demonstrate credibility to customers and end users.
- Competent in MS Office Suite and sales reporting software
- Customer centric approach to sales and service
- Minimum 70% overnight travel required.
What We Need
- Cover Letter
- Your resume
- Salary History
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history.