Provide product and application based knowledge of Manitou Group products with specific focus on Manitou branded products to dealers, District Development Managers and other assigned internal personnel. Increase dealer competency of products, and provide a thorough understanding of their competitive positioning in order to drive retail sales and provide solutions to retain customer needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and facilitation of product and application based training programs.Primary focus will be Manitou branded products.
- Support the Product Managers with “XPRT” Training material creation, specifically with focus on competitive positioning statements.
- Facilitation of XPRT training at National and Regional levels.
- Provide localized New Dealer training as requested by Sales.
- Provide “Train the Trainer”– field sales training of new product launches and/or updates.
- Represent Manitou Group brands at assigned Trade Shows and Special events.
- Responsible for assisting set up and show floor planning at trade shows.
- Serve as show floor expert of assigned product line(s) at trade shows.
- Responsible for assisting trade show close down and coordinating logistics for pick-up of equipment.
- Provide market based intelligence on both competitors and market trends.
- Address product specific issues related to features, advantages and benefits.
- Communicate market needs to Product Management and Engineering for future product development.
- Perform other related duties & projects as assigned.
- Support the mission of Manitou Americas: To achieve profitable growth by manufacturing and distributing high quality compact equipment and to deliver increased value to our customers and shareholders.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or equivalent experience in business or related field.
- Fluent in the English language.French and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Prior experience with compact equipment and/or material handling markets in a dealer development/sales environment (preferably both agricultural, construction, material handling applications).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with PowerPoint and Microsoft Windows environment.
- Minimum 70% overnight travel required.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history.